2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (1 box Nilla wafers yield roughly 3 cups of crumbs)
2 cups ground nuts (pecans or walnuts) (you'll need about 2 lbs. nuts)
4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
4 Tbsp. white corn syrup
1/4 cup rum (or more)
1/8 cup strong coffee
powdered sugar for rolling
- Place a box of vanilla wafers (such as Nilla) in a food processor and pulse to form fine crumbs. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Place 2 heaping cups of pecans or walnuts into the same food processor (no need to wash it), and pulse to form fine crumbs. Add to the Nilla wafer crumbs.
- Add the corn syrup, cocoa powder, rum and coffee. Mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in powdered sugar that you have placed in a shallow bowl.
- Chill for 3 hours. Roll in powdered sugar again.
- Store in an airtight tin in the refrigerator. Share.