Peaches in Wine
- 4-5 ripe but firm Organic peaches
- 1 bottle dry red or dry white wine
- 2-3 Tbsp. sugar, optional
- Wash the peaches well and blot them dry. Slice each peach in half; discard the pit. Slice each half into 6-8 slices. Place in a pitcher.
- Uncork the wine. Take a sip to determine its sweetness. Pour the wine over the peaches.
- If the wine is very dry, add a few tablespoons of sugar and gently stir.
- Refrigerate for at least six and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, give the wine another gentle stir. Spoon 4-5 slices of peaches into a chilled glass and pour the wine over.
- Now sit, sip, and watch the sun go down.