For a printable version of the recipe, click on the file below it.
Lemon Herb Pickled Garlic
Yields 2 pints
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 pound garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 large thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- ½ tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- Bring the vinegars, water, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir to dissolve the salt.
- Place the lemon slices, herbs, and spices in each jar.
- Fill the jars with garlic cloves. Pour hot brine over the garlic, leaving ½ inch headspace. Make sure the garlic is covered in liquid. Check for air bubbles, wipe the rims, and seal. Process for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. In Jackson Hole, that means process for 30 minutes total.
- Once the processing is done, turn off the heat, and let the jars sit in the water bath for another 5 minutes. Using a jar lifter, remove the jars and place them on a small cookie sheet covered with a dishtowel. Let sit undisturbed for at least 12 hours, then check to make sure they are sealed.
- Store on the shelf for up to one year. After opening, store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Just make sure the garlic cloves are submerged by the brine at all times.
|File Size:||135 kb|