For a printable version of the recipe, click on the file below it.
Yields about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup ripe, mashed avocado (about 1 large Hass avocado)
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. You can also mix by hand with a fork, but it may be more difficult to achieve a smooth butter texture.
- Refrigerate, with the top smoothed over with plastic wrap, until ready to use.
Lemon Soy Marinade
Makes enough marinade for 6-8 serving
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, and pour into a shallow glass dish.
- Place fish or chicken in a single layer and turn over, coating with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and up to 6 hours.
- Shake off the marinade before grilling, and discard. Grill to perfection.