For a printable version of the recipe, click on the file below it.
Lazily Roasted Plums
- 18 ripe plums, or a mixtures of plums, apricots, and nectarines
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- splash of brandy (or Grand Marnier or Cointreau, optional)
- vanilla ice cream or Reed's green tea and ginger ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Halve and stone the plums, and toss them into an ovenproof baking dish.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or extract, the sugar, the orange juice and zest, and the cinnamon stick halves, and lazily toss.
- Add the optional (but highly recommended) splash of brandy and toss again, lazily.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the fruit is all bubbly and soft.
- Serve with ice cream for dessert, or yogurt for a lazy breakfast.