I love my new rosemary Christmas tree, a gift from the Georges. No longer can I complain that I'm out of rosemary.
Here's a quick recipe for a special Christmas morning French toast: Eggnog French Toast. Hurry, before you dash out the door to begin your Chrismtas Eve festivities, grab some stale bread and throw this overnight French toast together. In the morning, all you'll have to do is fry the bread in butter, serve with warm maple syrup, and some nice sausage if you have some, and everyone will feel very special.
I happened to have some cinnamon swirl bread, gone stale, which is perfect for Eggnog French Toast.
Eggnog French Toast
Stale bread slices, as many as you can fit snugly in a 9 x 12 inch pan
1 cup eggnog
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp. vanilla
- In a 4 cup measuring cup, crack the eggs and stir vigorously with a fork.
- Add the eggnog, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Place the bread slices in a single layer in a 9 x 12 inch pan.
- Cover the bread with the eggnog mixture. Turn the slices over so both sides are soaked.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, fry the bread slices in butter. Serve with warm maple syrup.
- Merry Christmas everyone!!